© & image info
Bullard Camera Company History
The Bullard Camera Company was founded by Edgar R. Bullard and original models were made in Wheeling, West Virgina for a short time. The company was Incorporated in Massachusetts in 1899 with 100,00 dollars of capital. This was a large operating amount for a company to start with during that era. The originating officers were Edgar R. Bullard, founder, Elisha Morgan, president, and Henry H. Bowman, treasurer. The company was located in Springfield, Mass. in 1898.
Bullard's initial success was due to the inventive patent of separable magazine feature. The flagship Folding Magazine Camera was compact and able to easily take 18 4x5 glass plates at one loading, selling at a price of 10 dollars.
In 1901 the Columbia Optical and Camera company of London became the sole agents of Bullard in London.
In early 1902, Seneca absorbed the Bullard Camera Company The in addition to the Sunart Photo Company.
Due to the emergence of flexible film and fierce competition at the turn of the century the Bullard cameras were not able to survive and the Bullard company was officially dissolved 1904.
CLICK HERE for a list & information for Bullard cameras