The firm of E. G. Platt was established in 1867 as a wholesale manufacturer of magic lanterns and bellows. Believed to be located at 38 Alvington Cresent, Dalston. In approximately 1891, the firm began manufacturing the Birkbeck hand cameras supposed named after there street address. At this time the company was advertised to be at Birkbeck road, High Street, Kingsland. N. London. In 1893 D.S. White joined the company and the business name was changed to Platt & White for a brief time. In 1894/95 White left the firm and the name was changed back to E. G. Platt. The Biirkbeck cameras are distinguishable by the push button shutter mechanism on the side of the camera.
CLICK HERE for an icon listing of E. G. Platt Camera's.
No. 1 Birkbeck Camera
No. 2 Birkbeck Camera
Copyright © 2002 - 2019 Historic Camera