The studio tailboard camera was manufactured by C.G. Collins in circa 1880. Charles G. Collins established a camera manufacturing business in 1858 in London. The studio camera was a high quality camera constructed of polished mahogany with brass hardware and a square leather bellows. It featured swing back, rear ground glass focusing, front cross swing, and rack and pinion focus adjustment.
Photo Courtesy of Stephen (OZBOX) - © All Rights Reserved
Return to Previous Page
Return to the History Librarium
Copyright © 2002 - 2019 Historic Camera