HC  Msg Board  Librarium  4 Sale Facebook  Flickr  Members

Historic Camera

History Librarium

logo

Translate this page

Librarium Home > catalogue > conleymag

Conley Magazine Camera

datasheet_login

The Conley Magazine Camera was manufactured by Conley Camera Company from approximately 1899 - 1917. This was the camera that started the Conley company. It was patented in February 1898 by the two founding brothers Kerry and Frederick Conley with patent no. 599,314. It allowed the installation of twelve plates with a single loading. A patented plate changing device allowed multiple magazines to be loaded without returning to the dark room. The box was constructed of select, kiln dried wood and covered in seal grain leather. The access doors are made of select cherry to prevent shrinking or swelling and all metal parts were heavy nickel plated. It contains a high grade achromatic fixed focus lens. The shutter was a Conley special with time and instantaneous. with bulb release. Two brilliant view finders and two tripod sockets also provided. It was simple to operate. The model three of 1912 depicted in the illustration measured 6 3/8 x 7 1/8 high by 8 inches long and weighed 35 ounces.

CLICK HERE for a list of Conley cameras.



Historic Camera Value and Rating - Estimating Overall Worth (about)


Return to Previous Page
Return to the History Librarium




# 1369
2015-06-09 16:54:57
Historic Camera 2002-2015 - © & image info

More Info