HC  Msg Board  Librarium  4 Sale Facebook  Flickr  Members

Historic Camera

History Librarium

logo

Translate this page

Librarium Home > company > ray_camera_company

Ray Camera Company

datasheet_loginThe Ray Camera Company was founded by Albert Mutschler and John A. Robertson in 1884. the original company was named the "Mutschler and Roberson Company". Mutschler was a tool maker by trade and Robertson was a foreman at a photo materials company. the two began making Ray cameras om 1896. The business grew with great success, and the men attributed this to "careful and particular attention to both material and workmanship, resulting in a perfect combination of quality, appearance, and results" In 1898 the two men moved their business to a new building and renamed the company to the " Ray Camera Company". Then in 1899, five Rochester camera companies merged including the Ray camera company to form the new Rochester Optical & Camera Company. The five companies were, the Rochester Optical Co., the Rochester Camera Mfg. Co., The Ray Company, the Western Camera Mfg. Co., and the Monroe camera Co.. Both Robertson and Mutschler worked for the new RO&C company, but in 1903 Mutschler returned to work as a machinist. Robertson stayed on to become a vice president. The RO&C co. would later change its name to the Rochester optical company in 1903 when George Eastman Purchased the company, then to the Rochester Optical Div of EKC from 1907 to 1917. Where at that time the name was completely changed to the Eastman Kodak Company.


Return to Previous Page
Return to the History Librarium




# 1300
2013-02-17 08:05:14
Historic Camera 2002-2015 - © & image info

More Info