© & image info
The Maxim camera was manufactured by the W. Butcher & Sons Ltd. company from approximately 1902 to 1920. Designed for the beginner or those who take photographs occasionally and do not require expensive or complicated equipment. Capable of daylight loading of rill films. The Maxim was constructed of seasoned mahogany, covered with morocco-grained leatherette and the metal fittings are black enameled brass. The lens is a single achromatic and shutter was a time and instantaneous Everset. Two ground glass finders, a leather handle and 2 diaphragms are provided. The Maxim was made in four sizes.
No. 1 - 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches (10/0)
No. 2 - 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 inches (17/6)
No. 3 - 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches (21/0)
No. 4 - 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches (30/0)
Member submitted camera rating & camera value are not endorsed by Historic Camera.
CLICK HERE for a list of Butcher & Sons Cameras.