HC  Msg Board  Librarium  Club  Shop  Links  Gallery  Flickr  Members

Historic Camera
History Librarium


Librarium > catalogue> primusno8
HOME
Historic Camera

HCCC
Club

MSG BOARD
Info & ??






Primus No. 8, Solito Camera

The Primus No. 8, Solito Camera was manufactured by the W. Butcher & Sons Ltd. company in circa 1897. The Solito was designed as a quarter plate camera for cyclists and tourists weighing only two pounds. The camera was constructed of a mahogany body covered in morocco leather and oxidized hardware. It featured a fixed focus, single achromatic lens with a rotating diaphragm with three stops. A time and instantaneous shutter with adjustable speeds is built-in. It also incorporated a ground glass view finder. The outfit featured Edward's double dark metal slides where held in the camera which folded to the smallest size possible. Originally priced at 2 2s.

Member submitted camera rating & camera value are not endorsed by Historic Camera.


CLICK HERE for a list of Butcher & Sons Cameras.



Return to Previous Page
Return to the History Librarium


Historic Camera