HC  Msg Board  Librarium  Club  Shop  Links  Gallery  Flickr  Members

Historic Camera
History Librarium


Librarium > catalogue> midg3
HOME
Historic Camera

HCCC
Club

MSG BOARD
Info & ??






Midg No. 3 Camera

The Midg No. 3 magazine camera was manufactured by W. Butcher & sons and introduced in 1902. Production of the Midg line continued to approximately 1921 and over that time several minor variations were produced. The Midg No. 3 was constructed of well seasoned wood finished in ebony inside and covered with morocco grained leather and a solid leather handle. Fitted with a rapid rectilinear lens with iris diaphragm, and a Baush & Lomb unicum with adjustable instantaneous speeds from one second to 1/100th of a second. Focusing adjustment beyond six feet. Two tripod sockets as well as two brilliant view finders are included. This magazine camera carried twelve plates in metal sheaths or twenty four cut films, quarter plate in size and used the infallible changing system. Originally priced at 63s. Optional Beck lens (5 5 0) or a Goerz series II double anstigmat lens (8 0 0) was also available.

Member submitted camera rating & camera value are not endorsed by Historic Camera.


CLICK HERE for a list of Butcher & Sons Cameras.



Return to Previous Page
Return to the History Librarium


Historic Camera