HC  Msg Board  Librarium  Club  Shop  Links  Gallery  Flickr  Members

Historic Camera
History Librarium


Librarium > catalogue> midg2
HOME
Historic Camera

HCCC
Club

MSG BOARD
Info & ??






Midg No. 2

The Midg No. 2 magazine camera was manufactured by W. Butcher & sons and introduced in 1900. Production of the Midg line continued to approximately 1921 and over that time several minor variations were produced. Constructed of well seasoned wood and covered with imitation morocco grained leatherette. Fitted with a rapid rectilinear lens with iris diaphragm, and three revolving magnifiers for adjusting the lens for close exposures 4ft, 8ft, and 12 ft. The shutter provides time and instantaneous speeds form two seconds to 1/100th of a second. Two tripod sockets as well as two brilliant view finders are included. This magazine camera carried twelve plates in metal sheaths, quarter plate in size and used the infallible changing system. Originally priced at 1 10 0.

Member submitted camera rating & camera value are not endorsed by Historic Camera.


CLICK HERE for a list of Butcher & Sons Cameras.



Return to Previous Page
Return to the History Librarium


Historic Camera